Opportunity: Front of House Assistant
Location: Theatre Deli, 202 Eyre Street, Sheffield, S1 4QZ
Hours: Part Time, Casual Hours
Wage: £8.45 p. Hour
Closing Date: 9am Monday 02/10/17
Theatre Deli exists to support theatre makers and artists in the creation of their work. Working with commercial property owners we create artistic hubs from empty and disused buildings to offer performance spaces, rehearsal rooms, studios and workshops.
We are currently in the process of building our most ambitious venue yet and, with a lease of at least 2 years, we are looking to hire a team of individuals to help us keep growing and serving the artists and audiences of Sheffield.
Our busy new theatre season is opening on 20th October showcasing experimental theatre veterans Forced Entertainment and Third Angel, Edinburgh Fringe celebs In Bed With My Brother, Experimental Experience’s award winning Sex Workers Opera and the Guild of Misrule returning to blitz our Christmas with another immersive masterpiece.
We’re looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals with a passion for theatre and alternative events to help us hit the ground running. We can’t wait to have you on board!
- To be responsible for the delivering first class sales and customer service in our new Sheffield venue.
- To efficiently operate the reception, box office and bar areas during quiet daytime periods, busy performances and late night events.
- To ensure that health, safety and hygiene procedures, along with licensing regulations, are met.
- The front of house staff are responsible for working behind the bar, box office or on the theatre floor depending on the needs of their duty manager.
- To provide a welcoming environment for all audiences and visiting artists.
- To deal effectively with customer problems and enquiries, working with the duty manager to solve any issues before they arise.
- To be knowledgeable and enthusiastic of Theatre Deli’s program, hire-able spaces and charitable aims.
- To be knowledgeable of the bar menus including a range of spirits, wines and non alcoholic beverages.
- To abide by and enforce appropriate licensing regulations.
- To understand and correctly operate IntelligentPOS, iZettle and Eventbrite operating systems for use on the bar and box office respectively.
- To ensure all cash and stock is kept secured whilst on the premises and assist with stock control procedures.
- To attend all team meeting and training sessions when needed.
- To ensure all cleaning duties are carried out, ensuring hygiene standards are maintained and to assist with other weekly responsibilities as required by your duty manager or the venue manager.
- To adhere to all fire, health and safety procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
- To work one late night event a month, typically from 11pm until 7am.
- To show willingness to work in character during immersive productions, helping audiences to ‘suspend their disbelief’ throughout the performance.
- Previous bar experience is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to able to offer a consistent high standard of customer care is essential.
- Ability to work in a close team and great interpersonal skills is essential.
- An ability to work well under pressure, through sometimes unsociable hours is essential.
- A willingness to work in character is essential.
- Previous cash handling experience desirable.
- Previous cocktail or barista training is desirable.
- An interest in theatre and the arts is desirable.
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV accompanied by no more than 200 words explaining why you would suit the position to Seb, our venue manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be invited to a casual chat at the theatre regarding the position.